Monday, February 05, 2007

My two courses in London


posted by: Zuri
So, I'm really enjoying myself in London. The classes aren't that bad. I set up my schedule so I can have Fridays free which will allow me to travel on the weekends cheaper. I noticed though, that the school system in England focuses more on group projects than individual projects as we would more commonly have in the U.S.. I have a group project in every class. I'm not complaining though, because I find it less stressful for me.

I was smart during course registration time and decided to take two courses that allow trips once a week. The first is "History of London" which I find rather interesting because I learn so much more about my new home away from home. Not to mention, the professor takes us to museums every Wednesday. So, far I have gone to the Museum of London and the British Museum. However, this is the only course that I have to pay a fee because some of the museums charge. I had to pay 20 pounds which is equivalent to 40 U.S. dollars. Yea, I know it might sound like alike, but you can't really think about it when you spend money because you'll never buy anything. At least that's what I keep telling myself (haha). The other class is "Art in Context". The basis of this class is to be able to look at a work of art and be able to tell exactly what the artist was thinking. I find it so exciting. I always wanted to be that person that can walk in a gallery and decipher the meanings of the art work with no hesitation. Sounds fun right? So, every Tuesday this professor takes us to art galleries. So, far we have gone to the White Cube Mason's Yard Gallery and saw the work of Anselm Kiefer. He's a German artist who's most famous for his two monumental towers titled Jericho. They are suppose to represent the Twin Towers. But, I'm so ecstatic for the upcoming Tuesday because we are going to see the work of Andy Warhol at the Timothy Taylor Gallery. His name speaks for itself!
Until next time.

Zuri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home