Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Back in the swing of things

posted by: Nikki

It's only the second week of classes and I already feel at home. I love my new classes and my new teachers. I even have one teacher that I had last semester. This time around settling into classes seems so much easier. I guess that already having friendships established makes it less scary. Although, establishing new ones is always great too!

Last night was my first meeting this semester in my Emerging Leaders group; it was great to be back.

The "freshman 5, 10 or 15" (wherever you fit in) is not a myth and I'm swearing to introduce myself to the gym this semester and have lots of salads for lunch.

My courses this semester seem pretty typical. Two of them require doing some volunteer service (which I actually love haha) and group projects. I love group projects because you get to brainstorm and get together with friends all at the same time. Another class requires me to see the new show by the Fine Arts department, The Trials of Oscar Wilde (I love theater, so this will be great). Tonight I'm headed to
movie night for another class assignment.

This was an exciting week for me. I received notification that I made the Dean's List, and I was invited to join the Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society. On lighter notes, today was my brother, Justin's, 17th birthday (Happy Birthday Justin). He is now on the road among us. I am also the proud owner of a Conover Hall sweatshirt.

Life is good....

Well, that's all for now, hope you're all doing great. Talk to you soon.

Nikki

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home