Monday, January 29, 2007

My internship

posted by:Katie
So, this is the semester I graduate, and I am surely not taking it easy. I have some interesting classes, like a course called Mesozoic Ruling Reptiles, an elective, where I learn about dinosaurs and looked at fossils during the first class. And then there are my course requirements, Advanced TV, where I will finally get to make the movie I wrote for one of my classes when I was studying abroad in London. But most importantly, I have my internship, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and my first day was this Tuesday!

I have a long commute now, and I have to be in New York for the Evening News with Katie Couric at 10am, and I leave when the show is over at 7pm. Today, I did research for feature stories for February, and transcribed a package (edited footage) for the telecast Tuesday night. I also put together the scripts for theexecutive producers and the director of the program, and was in the control room during the program, even though Katie Couric was in Washington for the President's State of the Union address. I'm looking forward to next Thursday, when the studio for the Evening News does a special dinner, that the executive producers are ordering food and drinks for the employees. It should be fun, and an opportunity for me to meet people and network. Yet, today was a long day, and then the train isanother hour, but hopefully I'll be able to do well, and this will be a positive experience for me- and help get me a job when I graduate in 4 months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home