Saturday, November 18, 2006

Conference in NYC

posted by: Joshi
Hi! This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to an amazing conference in NYC with a program on campus called Student Support Services. It was one of the most inspirational, informational, and fundamental conferences I have ever been on: NY WICI! WICI, which stands for Women In Communication, showed me that women are determined to surpass all obstacles and break all barriers in order to achieve their goals. Hoda Kotb, from Dateline, was the keynote speaker of this event. Her speech screamed passion for her field, and all I could sense was this strong determination, will and perseverance. Everyone in the audience gave Hoda Kotb, a person that persisted until she found her entrance, a standing ovation. I was enthralled overall by the conference; indeed, there were some key moments that made me think, “ WoW! I can do that!” Hoda Kotb’s speech was one of those moments.

Another one of those moments was when I was sitting in the Advertising workshop and Gail Anne Grossos was speaking. She spoke to everyone about the advertising field. I felt captivated by every word that she said. All of these sessions offered amazing insight into what we should do when looking for a job, or the job search.

The job search portion told us to utilize our networking opportunities, especially the amazing connections that we made at the conference. We should do our research about the field that we wanted to go into, and starting at the conference was an extraordinary opportunity. We were told what to do and what NOT to do by some of the most influential people in the business: the people that may one day hire me!

Overall, this conference has been a one-of-a-kind opportunity and I would encourage
anyone that had the opportunity to attend it because of the priceless knowledge and invaluable connections that they could get by being there. If ever you are offered the chance to go on an invaluable conference such as this one, DO NOT PASS UP THE OPPORTUNITY!!Joshii!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home