Saturday, November 18, 2006

ABC and CBS

posted by: Katie
I'm writing this update at ABC NewsOne, while I have a quick break. I won a scholarship recently from the American Women in Radio and Television, and besides monetary award, I also get to go out on shadowing opportunities with women to see what "real broadcast" is about. (here is the link to the press release and a picture of me receiving the award http://www.rider.edu/139_7925.htm ) Monday, I was at CBS, and it was really cool, checking everything out. I got to see how the radio aspect is broadcast, and how television is broadcast too. And I ended up walking out with an internship at CBS news next semester!

Yesterday and today I was at ABC, and was able to see ABC NewsOne, where they produce lots of news packages that are made to send out to stations across the US. Today I was able to be at the live broadcast of the World News with Charlie Gibson at 6:30 ET. It was so cool, seeing the craziness of the broadcasting world. I really think I picked a good major with this one!

All in all, my experiences have been really great, and I've learned a lot. And I know that I'll learn a lot more when I work at CBS next semester!

Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home