Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Weekend trip

posted by: Katie

So this weekend was a busy one, as always. I went up to Massachusetts with my family for my grandmother's 90th birthday. We were in Boston for a while, and then went to her home in Boxford. It was really nice to be with my family, which, out of the 40 or so we have, 26 were able to make it. I had so much fun though! We had all 26 walk into a restaurant and ask for seating, but the college age cousins, meaning me, waited at the restaurant for an hour ahead of time. Which was fine, we got our food first! I loved being there for my grandmother's birthday. We saw pictures of her as a child, saw pictures of her and her eight children (one being my stepfather.) It was really sweet. We even went to a fair one day, the cousins and a few aunts and uncles. My fiance came with me and we walked around, saw pig races, pet sheep, that kind of thing. I even got a great picture on a tractor, in my sorority letters! I'm sure that was a sight for New England.

When I came back to school on Monday it was back to work and classes. For our entertainment show on campus, we decided to create a new segment, called Bronc Busters. It's where we ask questions, similar to Jaywalking and the show Street Smarts, but with Rider questions. We wanted to see how much the campus really knew. We got some great answers to who is Rider University named after, people said Mr. Rider because they didn't know. It was partially true, it was founded after Mr. Andrew J. Rider. And now we have to edit the footage and put it on the show, to premier in the next few days. It's a lot of fun to accomplish something that people will see and talk about in a positive way.

Katie

1 Comments:

At 7:05 AM, Blogger Fiona said...

School can put any student under a lot of stress so it is good that once in a while, you get to relax even on weekends. It is healthy to take a break even for a little while since it's not good to burden yourself with stress, right? Follow the link

 

Post a Comment

<< Home