Thursday, September 14, 2006

My first week...

posted by: Philip

Wow, college, this is amazing. New faces, new places, so much to learn and remember. So freshman year, Rider class of 2010. Names Philip. B.C. -Before college- I lived on Staten Island. My family is crazy like most. Mother is a nurse; father is a veterinarian, and I have a 13 yr old sister.

At the moment my declared major is Advertising. I use Photo shop and
illustrator a lot; it's a lot of fun to use. This is not my first time living away from home. For the last 11 years I have gone to sleep away camp so living away from home is not a problem. During this summer I have found a hobby, bone carving. I know sounds weird but to me the one of the most relaxing things that I ever done. I like to read and listen to music; I am a big fan of Broadway.

My first week at Rider has been very busy. I have met more people then I can remember and started to learn Chinese. It's not too much though, just it keeps me busy and I am definitely enjoying it. This place is a lot of fun. I think the main reason I am exicited is because after I met the professors who teach advertising I was really impressed. All of the teachers at the school really seem to know what they are doing. The class sizes are great and I am actually learning.

I can't wait to see what happens next. With the awareness fair, every group and organization will be there. I can't wait to meet everyone else and learn about the other options open to me at Rider U.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home