Thursday, April 13, 2006

Westminster Abbey and the London Eye

posted by: Katie

Recently I did the two biggest things in London, that you are supposed to do while here- Westminster Abbey and the London Eye.

Westminster Abbey is huge! It was built over a thousand years ago. There's so much to see, granted they are all tombs, but it was so interesting. I was able to see where Queen Elizabeth the I was buried, in the early 1600's, nd her sister,Queen Mary in the mid 1500's. And so many kings and queens are there! I also saw things like the coronation chair, where the new monarch is coronated. There was also a room that used to be for the monks that lived there, where the room had the original tiles from the 1200's. It was pretty amazing to see what they can do there. There was so much history, the States don't have that at all!

Then we went to the London Eye, which is the largest ferris wheel in the world. It takes half an hour to go around, and you can see most of London from the top. Im terrified of heights, but I faced my fears for this trip. I could see everything that I went inside, the Tower, Parliament, the Thames, and Westminster. It was beautiful.

I feel like I have done so much in England in the short 4 months I have been here! So I am going to France for Easter, and I can't wait. I have 3 more weeks here though, so I am going to try to make the best of it!

Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home