Monday, March 13, 2006

SPRING BREAK IS here!

posted by: Esi

Oh how the semester flies! I'm all packed up and ready to start my spring break in Verona!...New Jersey...not Italy. Ill be home for spring break (again) which is okay because that means I'm guaranteed LOTS of time to sleep and catch up on my television watching. I'm also celebrating my 21st birthday over break so I am VERY excited for that.

Yesterday, the Rider Vibes performed at the LASO (Latin American Student Organization) Talent Show. The money that they raised helped to support the Big Brother Big Sister Mentor program. We closed the show singing two songs: Weezer's Island in the Sun and Disco Classic, Funky Town. We had a great time and it seemed really well received. We're starting to get ready for our spring concert that will hopefully be sometime in April.

On Monday, Anthony Rapp who played Mark in RENT came to our school. I was so excited since I recently jumped on the RENT train. A few of my friends and I got there an hour early only to find that there was already a line from the door. He talked about his new book "Without You" and talked about love, loss and of course RENT. The talk was great he's a really great speaker and he even sang for us TWICE! He raffled off twenty of his books and my boyfriend and two of my other friends won them. Anthony Rapp signed autographs afterward and I got my copy of the movie signed and a picture. My boyfriend got his book signed and gave it to me! I was VERY happy about that.

I hope to finally see the play during spring break, I'm very excited.

I hope everyone has a great spring break, the weather has been warm hopefully it'll continue into next week!

Esi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home