Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Hello from the world of student teaching!

posted by: Julie

I have to tell everyone, that I am having a blast in my classroom this semester. I have a great co-op teacher who is really getting me involved in the classroom and with the students. I'm already teaching math and reading, and I've only been there for three weeks! Basically what this means is I am teaching all morning about three days out of the week. I thought waking up at 6am was going to be hard for me, but once I got myself into a schedule, it's nothing. In fact it's kind of amazing how productive you can be in a day when you don't sleep until noon. Don't get me wrong, I still love my weekends when I do get that chance to sleep in. And speaking of
weekends, I still get to come up to Rider on the weekends and see all my friends, so that's exciting. I mean, student teaching is a lot of work, but I do still get to have a small social life.

I have to admit though, I am really thankful for all the preparation Rider's school of education has given me in the past three and a half years, I don't know if I would be able to handle all the planning and work, if I wasn't already accustomed to a classroom setting and what would be required of me.

Hope everyone is staying warm in this wacky weather we've been having!

Talk to you soon.

Julie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home