Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Tourist

posted by: Katie

So, I am all moved into Richmond, The American University, and I like to say that I am a British student now (I even try to put off a British accent, who knows if it works). I was pretty homesick for awhile, but slowly I'm doing better, making good friends, and exploring a lot. A few friends of mine finally did some "touristy" things today, aside from all the errands that we have to do before school starts, like get Tube (subway) cards, get books, special student cards and sign up for trips around England. I kind of don't want classes to start yet, because it just feels as if I am on vacation with friends, and it's a blast. A few of us went to see Parliament and Big Ben at night, and that's when it hit us that we are in England, cause it's just so pretty here, looking at all the lights, old castles and Victorian era buildings. I definitely feel as if its another world here, aside from another country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home