Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Joshabel's Introduction

posted by: Joshabel
My name is Joshabel, but everyone calls me Joshii! I'm a sophomore at Rider and I have a major in Communications and a minor in French. I'm a Resident Advisor at Gee Hall. As an RA I have the wonderful opportunity to make my residents feel at home. The whole idea for my hall is to create a community and I think that I am creating just that type of feeling: like home
I'm also involved in other activities on campus like: the Latin American Student Organization (LASO), the Black Student Union (BSU), the Student Government Organization (SGA), and others. I serve as LASO's Vice President, SGA's Diversity Chair, BSU's Social Chair, and I am a Rider Community Scholar which basically means that I serve about ten hours a week at an assigned site. If I had to choose one of these activities to do and just drop all the others, I don't think I would be able to. I just don't feel like my college experience would be fulfilled if I didn't try to involve myself in all the available outlets that are here for my growth.

I am also a tour guide at the admissions office, this "job" gives me the ability to show others what I felt when I first came to Rider and how my feelings for Rider have grown since then. Things that I belong to at Rider are the Educational Opportunity Program and Student Support Services Program (TRIO), without
these programs I would never have been able to succeed with all the ease and support on campus that has been necessary for me to begin to achieve my goals. I hope that you will follow my lead in the story of my life with these weekly blogs!

love, joshii!!

P.S. "You are the captain of your ship!"- Do you know where you're heading?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home