Friday, September 22, 2006

School is in full swing!

posted by: Katie

School is officially in swing, which means, I am constantly busy! When I was in London for the semester I had so much time on my hands, now I work three jobs, one back home, one in Admissions as a tour guide and Student Admissions Representative, and also at the television studio. Plus the organizations and honor societies I'm in. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm really excited about this year, because there is so much to do. I am the new anchor of the News at Rider, our news show, and I'm also the producer of our entertainment show, What's Shakin. So that's going to be a blast this year, being in charge and all.
Greek life is crazy right now. I'm in Alpha Xi Delta, the coolest sorority in my book, and rush is happening now. So we are having tons of events that we go to just to meet new girls and get to know them. So I'm really looking forward to Bid Day, the day where we know who our new girls are. It's a huge dance party in our basement with just the sisters and our new member class. It's a lot of fun. We also had Sweetheart Weekend, where each chapter on campus chooses a sweetheart for the year. I was pretty bummed that I didn't win for my fiancee's fraternity, but it was awesome to be nominated. And nomination night was a lot of fun too.

There's so much more going on in the next few weeks at Rider, and it's going to be a lot of fun putting it all on television on the Rider channel. So a lot of work and a lot of fun is to be done!

~Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home