Friday, September 29, 2006

80's night

posted by: Katie

This past weekend was so much fun! It was 80's night at the Rider Pub, and being 21, it was the place to be if you were of age. They played 80's music, gave away prizes for best outfits, and gave out glow sticks and 80's style sunglasses- free stuff as you hung out all night. It's always fun at the pub, just because you hang out with your friends in a cool atmosphere with loud music, dancing and television. This year, being a senior, it's going to be a lot of fun at the pub, especially during Senior Pub Nights, hanging out with your class, and the last Senior Pub Night is a huge tradition. If you go to the last one, you carve your name on the walls, ceiling- wherever there's space!- and its there forever!

Monday began classes and work, and being the new anchor of the News at Rider, that meant another filming of the show. It's so cool to be on TV, even if its the Rider Channel. I love when my friends and other people I don't know say "I saw you on TV!" It will never get old- it makes me feel so cool! I really do love my communications major, its always so much fun! I'm also the producer of What's Shakin, our on campus entertainment show, and we are filming that this week. It has lots of jokes and funny news bits that has become popular on campus. I'm proud of all this stuff, since recently I won a broadcasting award from the American Women in Radio and Television, where I will be attending the presentation this Thursday.

My advisor actually helped me get it, she sent me an email about it from our University president while I was in England. I'm just so glad I won! I love how Rider gave me the chance to do what I want to do, and even gave me what I needed to earn an award. So I'm really excited for that!

Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home