Sunday, October 15, 2006

Bid Day

posted by: Kathleen
topic: This weekend was a huge weekend for Greek Life. It was bid day! It's the
day that our new members get their bids, an invitation to join our chapter. The new members run onto the student center balcony, and we scream and cheer for them. We make giant balloon arches for the front of our house, and we tie balloons to our jeans. It's such a fun day! We chant our songs on the way to the student center. Then after we meet our new girls at the balcony, we round up with our special chant, and we take them back to our house for a dance party. We get pizza and get our new girls presents. This year we made them picture frames with their names on them. It's always a fun holiday whether you are a new member or a sister. I did have to work that day, so I got back around 1am. But there was still stuff going on! There was music playing from all the chapter houses. I was excited that I was able to go to the balcony, and was still able to experience some of the excitement after I got out of work.

Another thing that I am super psyched about is that I got lettered by my fiancee's fraternity! It's a big deal to be lettered, to wear someone's else's letters other than your own. So I had a candlelight, a special ceremony. Then my sisters and I rounded up, and as a tradition, was thrown in our campus lake. It was a nice swim! Joking aside, I am really excited.

Can't wait for another awesome Greek holiday to wear my new Tau Kappa
Epsilon letters!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home