Saturday, November 18, 2006

Career Fair and Semi-formal

posted by: Katie
Since I was sick last week, I've spent this week catching up on everything I had to do! I'm getting everything done, and all the major papers due this week are over with. Most of my work is now for my audio production class, where we record our voices for different exercises and my class does things like special audio effects, to our voices. Now we're starting to create small movies adding the audio that we have edited and created. That's where all my time goes lately.
Tuesday the communications honor society that I am in, Lambda Pi Eta, held a career fair, inviting past alumni to come and talk, and give students a chance to network. There were alumni who are pretty young, and already producers! It was interesting to hear about their college/getting a job experiences. It kind of made me feel better, being a senior I have to get a real job soon, and I'm so scared to go into the real world! I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Last week was my sorority's semiformal, where we get all dressed up and go to a banquet hall. It was so much fun, as always! I felt so cool in my dress, which I got in London when I was studying abroad! We rented buses to take us to the hall, because carting 60 sisters and their dates is practically impossible without it! But it's my favorite thing about my chapter, when all of us dress up for a night of fun!

Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home