Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm in London!


posted by: Zuri
Hello, everyone. I'm Zuri . I'm a junior here at Rider University. I'm from Newark, New Jersey and I chose Rider because like my high school Morristown-Beard in Morristown , New Jersey, it is relatively small. I love it. Everyone is so friendly, it's so easy to make friends, and the classroom size is a good enough number that you wouldn't be intimated to ask questions and the professors will also get to know you.

Another way to meet people is to join clubs and organizations that interest you. Although, I'm not on any committee boards, I still like to be an active member by attending their events. Currently, I'm in the Black Student Union and Women's Center. I also have two on campus jobs. I work as an office assistant for Residence Life and as a tour guide and student ambassador for Admissions. I spent my first two and a half years at Rider living the typical college life. Live on campus, attend campus events, hang out with friends, and let's not forget--attend class.

However, I got accepted to study abroad in London, England for my second semester junior year and it is amazing. I now attend Richmond, The American International University in London. I'm taking a full load of courses, however, they don't offer the courses I need for my major, so the credits will just transfer as general liberal arts and science electives which are still needed. Despite all that, the experience here is great. I would highly recommend studying abroad to anyone.

I'm meeting so many new people from all over the world and as a "first timer" in Europe I still feel like a tourist and I've been here for a week now. I'm the girl who stands in the tube station (train station) with the huge map in her hand. ( haha ). But, I'm here for four months so I know in the end I will be able to leave my residence hall without my map. Until next time.

Zuri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home