Monday, February 05, 2007

Black History Month

posted by: Joshabel

What a week! Black History Month officially began yesterday and, at Rider, the Black Student Union has a series of events which this year show the impact of black. Maxine Maxwell performed in the Bart Ludeke Center theatre last night and it was truly an amazing moment which even brought tears to my eyes. The show that she performed was called "Echoes of the Past" and it was a series of five monologues which really made me experience and feel the pain and strength the people that she portrayed have.

This semester my classes are amazing! I have two French classes and an enthralling History course and of course I told you about my course in Jamaica over winter break and then I have a course called the Student Global Village. The Student Global Village is a course where we videoconference with students from the American University in Cairo, Egypt. We've been preparing ourselves by learning about the region's history and culture and we begin video-conferencing on Valentine's Day! I will update you when we start that portion of the course.

Right now I'm on duty (it's my turn to take care of the building) so 'til lata!

joshii!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home