Friday, February 09, 2007

Internship is fun!

posted by: Katie

It's been another long week, and I've been super busy as always. My internship is becoming a lot of fun - now I have been finding stories that I want to pitch for a tv segment. It's really cool, finding stuff that I choose, and if it gets on the air, then it was my idea! It makes me feel like I am actually working at a big network, doing something the network can actually use.

I've also been really busy with the television studio. Going out and taping events, and then editing them can take some time. Like until 1am kind of time, but it's all worth it, watching what I have done myself make it on air. I'm really excited that the communications department is starting the Rider University Network online, so people can now go online, anywhere in the world, and check out the station, and see what's playing right then. Now people can watch me as the anchor, all over the world- maybe help me get a job...? I like my major though- it's not just writing papers, it's entertaining people, which makes it the best major, and job, out there. For example, this Friday was the Rider Rumba, a dance-a-thon to raise money for the Big Brothers Big Sisters program. My job was to go there, tape the event, and have fun! It was a blast, Rider raised a lot of money, and there were some great prizes, like a hotel stay in Atlantic City, and a 9 day Carribean Cruise to the person who raised the most money.

Even though I have been super busy, I do find time to hang out with friends, and just relax. Right now, the game Guitar Hero on Playstation is sweeping the campus-literally. Everyone seems to be playing it. I even got it as a Christmas present and play it in my room. It's definetly the thing to do after classes and homework.

But now I am off again...and will most likely play Guitar Hero after class, work and meetings...something to look forward to during this busy time!

~Katie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home