Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Philly Auto Show/ Johnson and Johnson/ Words of Advice


posted by: Russ

How is everyone doing today? I hope you are staying warm because I am freezing right now. So this weekend I went to the Auto Show in Philadelphia. This show is something that I look forward to every year. When else are you going to be able to sit in very expensive cars that you don’t have to buy? Some of my favorite cars were the new Audi R8, Chevy Corvette R1, and the Dodge Challenger. Now if I could have all three of those cars, I would be a lot happier right now. In my dreams right?

So, it has been a full month since I started working at Johnson and Johnson and I am learning/experiencing a lot. Everyday I work with excel spreadsheets analyzing numbers and developing tables/charts to make comparisons for Senior Management in the Center of Excellence Department. Sounds scary right? Well it is, but I have adjusted well. I am treated like a full time employee, which is very challenging but beneficial at the same time. The material I work on deals with New Item Launches, Displays/promotions for Johnson and Johnson’s consumer department. I never thought I would be able to work hands on with actual displays that are in stores Nation wide. It’s a neat feeling.

All right well I have to run because I am doing a lot of work for J and J and it needs to be completed by 4:00. I will tell you this one last thing. Enjoy every minute of your time at Rider; you will learn it is the best four years of your life. Cherish every time you hang out with your friends, go to a basketball game or even to dinner. Get involved on campus and apply for an on campus job, working in the Admissions Office really helped me grow as an individual as well as shape me into the person that I am today. You don’t realize these things until you take a step back and see where and what you have done throughout your college career. Until next time keep studying, having fun, going to events on campus, and having the time of your life. You only get one chance to go to college, don’t forget that.

Rock On.
Russ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home