Friday, October 19, 2007

Rider is full of opportunities....

posted by: Georgina


Courses here are so diverse
. As a mathematics and secondary ed major I have taken a variety of fun classes. Who ever thought class could be fun!!!! Can you imagine it? Okay, trigonometry and calculus may not be your cup of tea. But, there's also World History, Black American Literature, Shakespearean Literature, language classes, and a whole lot more. Although, I enjoyed going to class in high school, classes in college are on a whole new level. In college you dig deeper in to subjects and you talk about a lot of debatable issues. I never studied world religions until college classes at Rider. My politics class devoted class time to debating issues they were directly affecting Americans and the world.

If you think courses are diverse at Rider, check out the student population. Some of my closest friends are international students. I have friends from Shanghai, China, and Belarus, and Haiti. I have made close connections with them so that one day I'll be able to travel to visit them.

It's always nice to have a friend when you're in a foreign country. Not to mention free food and a place to stay!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home