Monday, April 02, 2007

posted by: Nick
The past couple weeks have been pretty busy. About two weeks ago, there was an event held called the Rider Rumba, which was a dance-a-thon to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. It was a lot of fun. There were dance contests, lots of cool prizes, and lots of food. My fraternity had a team for this event and we raised $200. The entire event raised over $5,000, so it was very successful.

My fraternity also attended a Superbowl party in the Student Recreation Center. It was a lot of fun. There were a lot of food and lots of chairs setup in front of the big screen TV for everyone to watch the game. I enjoyed the event, although I must say that I was disappointed with the commercials this year!

This past weekend, I went to Salisbury, Maryland with my brother and sister to visit a friend that attends Salisbury University. It was fun because we celebrated her birthday, and I haven’t seen her since I left for school in September. While I was in Maryland, the executive board of my fraternity attended a regional leadership conference in Washington, DC that was run by our fraternity’s national headquarters. Once we all returned to Rider, I was surprised to learn that I received an Outstanding Senior Award at the conference. I was the only one selected out of all the chapters in my district, so it’s pretty exciting.

Well, I’m off to do some homework and studying. Talk to you again soon!

-Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home