Monday, February 12, 2007

Changing of the Guards

posted by: Zuri

Okay, so I was really excited about going to see Andy Warhol's work, however it wasn't as interesting as I intended. The worst part about it all was that it took more time trying to find the place then to see the art. I was literally in there for eight minutes. Also, the gallery was featuring his earlier works which weren't as colorful and entertaining as his later pieces. However, something good happened to me. I got to meet the mayor of "the royal borough of Kensington and Chelsea" where I am a resident for the next four months. The school gave an American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS) reception at the town hall and we were all able to meet and mingle with him.

This past week I also got to see the Changing of the Guards. It's when the new guards replace the old guards that watch over Buckingham Palace. They are replaced every 48 hours and given a huge celebration everytime. But, that's pretty much it, I have two group projects to look forward to this upcoming week, so I guess I should get started.

Until next time.

Zuri

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger chud31 said...

Andy Warhol is my Fav!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home