Monday, April 02, 2007

Preparing for Spring Break

posted by: Nick

Things sure have been busy lately! I've had a lot of exams and midterms in the past week, and I have more this week. But, I'm managing. So far, I've done well on all the tests I got back, which is good. Mom and dad will be happy. I just need to get through this week and then it will be Spring Break! For Spring Break, I'm flying down to Florida with my mom, dad, brother, and sister to visit my Grandma, and of course hit the beaches for a nice tan! Some of my friends are going to be staying in another part of Florida, so I may take a road trip to see them while I'm there as well. I'm tired of winter, so I'm ready for some sun and warm weather, although it’s starting to warm up here too. Rider is more enjoyable in the warm weather because the campus seems much more active. A lot more people hang outside. You'll find a lot of students playing volleyball on one of the outdoor volleyball courts, BBQing on the grills outside the residence halls, or playing frisbee on the campus mall.

A couple weekends ago we had Bid Day, which is when bids (invitations for membership) are given out by the fraternities and sororities to people that they want to join. My fraternity had a very successful recruitment this year. We had 18 people accept our bids, which is the largest new member class we have ever had! My fraternity has a continuous recruitment strategy, so we continue to recruit after Bid Day, but 18 is a great start! All of the new guys seem really great too, so I'm looking forward to getting to know them in the coming weeks. It's good to know that I'll be leaving my chapter in good hands when I graduate in May.

Well, I have some more homework and studying to do, so that’s all for now. Talk to you soon!

-Nick

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home