Monday, April 02, 2007

posted by: Zuri

So, I've actually just started being quite busy here. I have two new projects due in the upcoming week. Fortunately, I've finished one yesterday and I'm almost done with the other. Besides, that school is good. The trips are better though. In addition, to attending museums for my History of London class, I've gotten to attend my first installation for my Art in Context class. The artist made a replica of a hotel in an abandoned building. The work is actually called "Hotel" and it's located in eastern London where a lot of immigrants reside. He basically wanted to depict the time when the immigrants first migrated over and were too poor to afford their own housing. Unfortunately, you weren't allowed to take pictures, but it was quite interesting because some of the rooms included secret tunnels in the walls and floors.

I also got a chance to attend London's Fashion Weekend. It was located in the Natural History Museum and it had over 100 designers selling their merchandise at what they considered a discounted price. I only managed to afford a t-shirt and a necklace though. Spring break is right around the corner as well, so I'm pretty excited for that. My boyfriend's coming to visit London for the first time so I have to a be a tour guide for a week. Until next time.

Zuri

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home