Monday, April 02, 2007

Ice

posted by: Joshi

So, the snow has begun! OR SHOULD I SAY ICE!! I'm on duty tonight for two buildings( because Wright Hall and Gee Hall share duty from Sunday-Wednesday)and that means that I have to walk from Gee to Wright twice in order to do my rounds. The walk over there was really slippery and I almost fell! Anyways, I can't wait until
class tomorrow because we'll be having our first video-conference with students from the American University in Cairo, Egypt. This is truly going to be an eyeopener for many of us because most of us haven't been to the Middle East. Although I have friends that are from the Middle East I have never had the privilege of traveling there. This class will allow me to do just that. The class is called the Student Global Village and we are connected to people from an area that, previous to the beginning of the class, we have no true knowledge of. More on that topic next week!

Tomorrow is also Valentine's Day! The Black Student Union is holding an event called Celebration of Black Love at the Rider Pub tomorrow. We will be having DJ Wes Will, a great DJ that we asked to play slow jams for the evening, and the event will also display some of Rider's poets. People are encouraged to dress up as famous black couples of the past and the present and it would be honoring Black love for Black History Month.

Exams have officially begun. Well not in all of my classes, but, I just had my first exam for my French 496 class (Special Studies: Francophone) and I will be having my next exam on Tuesday for my History 151 class (World History since 1500). Wish me luck and I will talk to you next week!

joshii!

1 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Womens College Opens up to Men!

I thought you guys might think this is interesting. The current women to men ratio is 80-20! They are asking to help diversify the current population.
You send away for a free info packet here.

http://www.midwaycolleges.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home