Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Things are Coming to an End

posted by: Russ

Today starts my last week of classes as a Rider Universit college student. This is very exciting and emotional for me all at the same time. I do not know where these last 4 years of my life have gone; they went by way to fast. This Rider experience has been life changing in many ways.
Saturday night was when I realized that I am graduating in 3 weeks and my life is changing completely. It was 2 AM and I just left my friends pod. For some reason I wasn't tired and just wanted to walk around campus. So I started to walk by myself just thinking about my life, what’s changing, Rider, the friends I have made here, all of the fun I have had and all the amazing times with my friends I have experienced. I walked all over campus for about 2 hours just looking at buildings and remembering things that I have done. I sat on a bench and just thought about the last 4 years of my life. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun I have had. Not forgetting the hard times and struggles too. I can't believe that this part of my life is coming to an end. Sitting outside on the campus green knowing that I would be graduating from that same spot in 3 weeks was hard for me. I didn't want to come to college, I was scared, and now I'm scared to leave. Rider has become my home and all of the people I have met have impacted my life significantly. Rider isn't just a place to go to college; it’s a place to shape the person that you are going to be. You will "find yourself" while being here. The conversations you will have with your friends dig so far into who you are, it’s amazing. Staying up until 4 AM with your roommate, talking about Music or what you want to do when you graduate, when you have to be up at 7 AM, is PRICELESS. These are the times that I will never forget for the rest of my life.

I have made so many amazing friendships that I am going to have for the rest of my life. So many people have helped shape me as a person as well as grow as an individual.

I just want to thank some of my friends. Elizabeth, you have been the most amazing person throughout these last four years. The things we have gone through have made me realize how important you are to me. If I did not have you, I do not know where I would be. You have been the best girlfriend a guy could ask for, I LOVE YOU.
Kenny, you have been the best roommate. Living with you has been rockin, there will never be bad music coming from our room. Julie the conversations we have had over the last 3 years have been amazing. We see eye to eye on so many things. To all the guys that live in the B2nd and 3rd Pod. Jeremey, Joe, Dave, Weber, Simon, and Payton it has been the time of my life living with you this year. The guys upstairs, we have rocked it every weekend and I won't forget it.
Last but not least; Kate, Cher and Kerrie. The three of you girls have helped me through so much. Who would have thought meeting you freshman year would lead to the amazing, unique, and wild friendship we have today.
I WANT TO THANK EVERYONE THAT I HAVE MET WHILE BEING AT RIDER. YOU HAVE ALL HELPED SHAPE THE PERSON I AM TODAY. I AM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH.

I just want everyone to know how important your friends are while you are at Rider. This is the time to find who you are, in which Rider helps you do that. I graduate in 3 weeks and my life is going to change dramatically. I have a job, I am moving back home for a few months, I am leaving everything I have known for the last 4 years and starting over again. I am scared but ready for the challenge (I think and hope). I am going to write one last time after graduation, to let you know what it feels like to be a RIDER GRADUATE. I hope you look at my experiences and realize that you should live every day, hour, minute, second to the fullest. Don’t ever forget that.

Rock On
Russ

1 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I believe that if you want to continue succeeding, you need to have plenty of motivation. And to develop it, you have to be rather organized:
15 Rules of Motivation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home